The II International Business Festival on renewable energy, sources “Qazaq Green Fest” has started in Rixos Hotel Borovoe, Republic of Kazakhstan. The theme of the festival is “Energy Sustainability of Kazakhstan: Energy Transition.”
MergersCorp M&A International delegation took part to the event to engage in discussions surrounding critical topics related to the energy transition in Kazakhstan and Investment Banking opportunities.
The event is organized with the support of the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Kazakhstan, as well as the Akimat of Akmola Region.
The thematic panel sessions will cover the following topics:
- Ensuring energy sustainability in Kazakhstan
- Strategic vision for the development of Kazakhstan’s power industry
- Corporate-level initiatives for reducing carbon footprint
- Advancements in small-scale renewable energy projects
- Carbon markets: international experiences and development perspectives in Kazakhstan
- Future directions for renewable energy development in Kazakhstan: plans, challenges, and prospects
- Implementation prospects of affordable financing instruments for renewable energy projects
- Introduction of energy storage systems
- Promoting domestic investments in renewable energy
- ESG policy: gender aspects and corporate governance, etc.
The festival also receives support from the United Nations Development Program in Kazakhstan, the Eurasian Development Bank, and the KAZENERGY Association.